Medtech1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
November 26, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Fibromyalgia
Created On: 09/11/2002 03:03 PM

10/11/2004 02:28 PM

Author Icon
ladybeth

To Irene Bell: I am interested in the treatment program you are using from the Discovery Pgm to treat fibro. Thanks very much.
 10/11/2004 02:11 PM

Author Icon
ladybeth

I would appreciate info on your tmt of "Javascript:showCondition('body1', 64);">fibromyalgia/a>. Thanks.
 08/13/2003 02:41 PM

Author Icon
Irene8893

I am happy to tell you Fibromyalgia victumes that FM is cureable.....I had FM for three years five years ago and seeing twelve doctors that didn't know the first thing about cureing FM I finally saw the Discovery program on tv that had a doctor who had FM himself and put together a treatment plan for him and his patients that had FM..... Thank the dear Lord I tried it and it works.....No mystery to it just plain common sense......If anyone is interested in the treatment plan I followed they can contact me at [email protected] is no charge nor am I a doctor just a person that suffered until I followed this plan......Good luck to all FM sufferes
 04/23/2003 12:08 PM

Author Icon
Bonnie510

April 23, 2003 I am following up my original posting on the use of 5-HTP to help with fibromyalgia. I am continuing to improve. I can now do some physical work (like packing up boxes, without lifting them--we are moving) without triggering a flare. I have not seen my chiropractor for months, and I saw him 3-4 times per week before I started taking HTP. I highly recommend it to all FM sufferers. If if doesn't help, it won't harm you, and it is worth trying. In my case, the results have been amazing. I am still in pain and still suffering muscle spasms, but I have a much greater range of movement and a more normal life. I also recommend changing your mattress type if you wake up very sore in the morning. My husband and I recently switched to an air bed, and it doesn't cause the soreness in the morning that I was experiencing with a traditional firm mattress. The air bed cushions your body better and does not allow as much of your weight to depend on the pressure points where you are touching the mattress (like your sides or hips). We tried it while we were painting our new house and "camping" in it, before moving any heavy furniture, and we liked the air bed so much that we bought one for our king-sized bed.
 11/24/2002 04:29 PM

Author Icon
Bonnie510

11/24/02 Having used L-HTP for about a month now, I am convinced that it is much more helpful than Zoloft. I feel much better. This supplement has affected the frequency, duration and intensity of my muscle spasms, and I no longer have severe pain from the vertebrae and ribs that were always being pulled out of alignment by the intense spasms I had before. I am not claiming to be cured, but I am feeling much better, and I want to get the word out to other FM sufferers that HTP might be the cheapest and most effective substance they can take to relieve muscle spasms.
 11/24/2002 12:00 AM

Author Icon
Rosemarie

Thanks for the tip! I was diagnosed with fibro 12 years ago. I don't think there's anything I haven't tried. I belong to a support group and am now helping others. The most success I've had is with specifice vitamins and minerals. That is until I started having anxiety attacks (am also in the menopausal stage) and was put on Paxil. It has certainly helped except I still don't sleep well. Have started using 50mg of gravol (which is an antihisamine) that my dr. recommended and that has also helped with the sleep. I now don't wake up so clogged up and still tired. The effects seem to last for 8 hrs tho'- not the specified 4. Not unusual in a fibromite!
 09/11/2002 03:03 PM

Author Icon
Bonnie510

If you suffer from FM, you have probably been placed on an SSRI by your physician. An SSRI (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor) makes more seratonin availabe at any given moment by slowing down the reabsorption of seratonin, a neurotransmitter whose role in FM is unclear. We do know, however, that FM patients have a deficiency of seratonin, and an excessive amount of substance P, a neurotransmitter that carries pain messages. The problem with SSRI's is that they can have side effects, including weight gain, that make the patient very unhappy. In addition, they are prescription drugs and are expensive. A good alternative to any SSRI is the substance L-hydroxytryptophan, or L-HTP, that is cheap and available at any Walmart or GNC, for example, w/o a prescription. This substance is the building block which your body uses to make seratonin, and it actually stimulates the production of MORE seratonin instead of simply slowing down the breakdown of the existing, inadequate amount of seratonin in your body. I have tried L-HTP instead of Zoloft, and I find a noticeable improvement in the intensity of the constant muscle spasms that I have 24/7. I am able to do more, with less pain, than when I took Zoloft. I am also sleeping more soundly with the HTP than with Zoloft. I have been taking the HTP for only 2 weeks, and I believe that its effect will be cumulative; I will post again in another 2 weeks. After 15 years of severe pain, I am finally starting to feel somewhat better. I wish my doctor had known about HTP (or had mentioned it to me, if he does know about it). Doctors are leery of natural medicine, and often are ignorant of developments in that field which be valuable to their patients. Bonnie Kidd

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.