Medtech1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
November 30, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Blood Gas Test
Created On: 08/02/2003 08:39 PM

06/21/2004 06:26 PM

Author Icon
Jeanie

My husband said it didn't hurt anymore than a normal blood draw. I'm looking for information on Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. My husband was diagnosed with this lung disease a year ago and is recently been placed on oxygen. He was given a life span of one to two years. Does any one know anything about IPF ?? Jeanie
 08/02/2003 08:39 PM

Author Icon
DownEast

Your comment that the arterial blood gas test can be painful is unnecessarily harsh without explanation. I've had more than one ABG. The ABG can be more painful than just a regular blood draw from a vein because the arteries are usually situated more deeply under the skin than the veins. No one told me that the ABG was painful and my first ABG felt no different than a regular blood draw. My other ABGs have varied in discomfort from no different from a blood draw to somewhat more uncomfortable. I think the patient anticipating pain puts some pressure on the tech to avoid causing any more pain that necessary which just makes things more difficult.

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.