Medtech1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
April 10, 2021  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: Too darned YOUNG
Created On: 03/16/2003 05:18 PM

12/14/2004 05:45 PM

Author Icon
maz

Don't worry I got thread veins since I was 15 or 16 and know exactly what ur goin through. I can tell you now do not put ur bidy under any physical strain ie."Javascript:showCondition('body1', 137);">smoking/a>, drinking, continueing eating even though ur full up, not eating even though ur hungry, not sleeping when ur tired etc. Eat the daily recomended allowance lts of fruit and vegetables (7-9 portions a day), exercise regularly(I first got my veins after a started putting on weight when I was a lazy teenager). There is also a cream you can get called Medik8 its pricey at about £30. I just purchased it there but haven't had a chance to use it yet, but reviews say its really effective. I think cause u've only started to get these if u look after urself you'll b fine. There is also lazer treatment and apparently it is less painful and more affective than other surgery where get injections into the vein. The lazer treatment is called vasculight plus: www.theprivateclinic.co.uk. I hope this helps bye.
 11/14/2004 12:15 PM

Author Icon
Perote

Im 15 too, I've been notcing the past year or so these weird things on my upper thighs and i realized today their spider veins. For one thing I thought i was way to young to have this problem, and the other I exerscise at least 2 1/2 hours a day. I really want to know if there is anything i can do to get rid of them?
 12/13/2003 04:05 PM

Author Icon
airees_1975

I too have really bad spider veins and varicose veins, I try and believe that there will be some better treatment than what they have today, I'm only 15 and I have VERY bad spider veins and varicose veins. I have so much pain especially with my varicose veins. I'm trying to figure out what kind of treatments I can get for my varicose, though my doctors don't seem to care about them to do anything. This gets me really MAD and upset with doctors. They say mine are cosmetic which THEY ARE NOT, they hurt ME. Why do I have to suffer with them? I'm going to a fourth vascular doctor to see if someone can do SOMETHING ALREADY!!
 12/13/2003 02:31 PM

Author Icon
Luvgurl468

Hi everyone! I know that Spider Veins are sometimes hard 2 deal with. Cause I even have some myself. & Im young too. But, someday there will be a cure! :0) We have 2 be happy with what God gave us. We need to pray to God that he will help us through this. Because we can do all things through Jesus Christ! I hope I've encouarged you. Have a great day!
 11/14/2003 04:45 PM

Author Icon
airees_1975

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 11/14/2003 04:41 PM

Author Icon
airees_1975

I'm another person that wishes that someone someday will come out with a cure for varicose veins and spider veins. I've been in such pain with them for many years...my vasuclar doctors (4 that I've been to) only consider mine to be a cosmetic problem, even though they're hurting me A LOT. I don't think that doctors understand that IT'S NOT just a cosmetic problem...if they would take care of the veins before they become a BIG problem...it wouldn't have to get to that point...now would it, I wish they would understand that!! Another thing is that insurance companies don't cover a lot of procedures that are done for varicose veins because they too consider it cosmetic...HOW SAD IS THAT!!! I think things have to be changed with their thoughts. I know TOO, TOO, TOO many people that also have varicose veins...8 people in my family and a couple of friends and their families. Why doesn't someone hear us!!!!
 07/19/2003 02:16 PM

Author Icon
Luvgurl468

Hi Everyone! I would luv to help you! Im 14 with just some spider veins..... Trying to get them before there worst. I advise all the Teenagers out there to CONVICE YOUR PARENTs to help you get rid of them! NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY ARE! Someday there will be a bigger and better way to get rid of these nasty ugly spider veins! Don't worry, your not the only one out there with spider veins at a young age!!!! We all just need to keep on making ALOT OF NOISE ABOUT IT! That way someone will find a CURE!!! I advise you to go to www.dermalk.com!!!! Tell your mother that I really want to get rid of these, and I need your help and support with these promblem. Does she have spider veins? Because if she does it help if someone eles that your close with to get throught these and help each other out! These is not the end of the world, and sometimes it can de very hard to get over this BUT I KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING OUT THERE! So try the Dermal K, it's not that expensive..... My mom has them and my Grandma, and my mom just had her shot 2 weeks ago. She has seen some differences! SO THINGS GREAT! Don't worry with all the technogly we have today there will be something! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
 03/20/2003 07:36 PM

Author Icon
smokesignalfl

Hi! I also started getting spider veins when I was a teen. I am 27 now and have noticed they are getting worse since my pregnancy.One thing I do know is that weight is definitely a factor but not necessarily THE reason one has them.So I am trying to stay in shape! First of all, have you tried any of the creams that are availible for spider veins?If you order them off the internet, they can take 4-6 weeks to get to you.But most health food stores offer a variety of creams and probably have money back guarantees. I would try that before I dished out all that dough for a doctor. In fact, that is why I came to this site to find out if anyone had tried any of the creams! If I wanted to discuss getting the treatment with my mother, I would really research the different treatments and side effects ,if any, and find doctors that were board certified and find out first if they treat patients your age.I would find out how much each doctor charges and if they offer payment plans. If you have a job to make the payments or help with the payments, I'm sure that would be a big plus! No mother wants her child to feel insecure but surgeries are a big deal so I would really think about it before I did it.Some of those vein treatments take alot of doctor visits to do any good at all. Good Luck! Lisa
 03/16/2003 05:18 PM

Author Icon
kissmeimsara13

I have some pretty severe spider veins all over my legs, enough that my friends comment on them. I am only 16 and I DESPERATELY want to get them treated. The only problem is, I can't seem to convince my mom! (I can hardly raise the subject, I'm so embarrassed about them.) We aren't exactly the most wealthy family, but I am willing to pay whatever it will cost. How can I convince her that I need to get them removed? Summer is coming!! (And about how much would it cost for me to get the cheapest treatment?)

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2021 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.