Medtech1.com: Great Information, Real Community, Better Living.
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Join the Discussion in  Our Forums
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Search the Body1 Network
November 30, 2020  
FORUMS: Read-Only

>
Topic Title: blood pounding in ears
Created On: 08/12/2002 12:14 PM

09/08/2004 01:03 AM

Author Icon
Uncle Harley

47 y.o. male, 5' 9", 165 lb.'s. Treating for degenerative disc disease and arthritis. Blood pounds in right ear, interfering with sleep and otherwise annoying/distracting. Onset within 2 months. Blood pressure a couple weeks ago was 124 over 70. A well-known drug reference did not list blood pounding in ears as a side effect from any of my med.'s. Any suggestions?
 09/01/2004 10:19 PM

Author Icon
SusieQ

Pounding in my ears too. Began after using two glaucoma medications. Vascular MD said ENT MD misdiagnosed and pounding results from medications leaking into ears through sinuses. My glaucoma MD is considering changing med (alphagan P) calling this an allergic reaction. Have you heard of this?
 06/21/2004 05:32 AM

Author Icon
pamve

I am awakened by the sound of blood pounding in my ears. What is happening? Should I be concerned?
 05/23/2004 03:45 PM

Author Icon
Lon91839

As a 64-yr-old-male, I am happy to say I have always enjoyed very good health. Recently, however, I began having a pounding in my right ear. I first noticed it after pushing myself a little hard on my bike. More recently, I have worked up to 15 pushups at a time--hardly strenuous? Could it have to do with exercising too vigorously? Should I be concerned? I have always had slightly below normal blood pressure (APR '04 it is 122 over 60)so I don't think it's because of suddenly getting a problem in that area. Any ideas? Thanks, Lon
 05/23/2004 03:44 PM

Author Icon
Lon91839

As a 64-yr-old-male, I am happy to say I have always enjoyed very good health. Recently, however, I began having a pounding in my right ear. I first noticed it after pushing myself a little hard on my bike. More recently, I have worked up to 15 pushups at a time--hardly strenuous? Could it have to do with exercising too vigorously? Should I be concerned? I have always had slightly below normal blood pressure (APR '04 it is 122 over 60)so I don't think it's because of suddenly getting a problem in that area. Any ideas? Thanks, Lon
 08/13/2002 05:39 PM

Author Icon
barabas

My father was around 45 when he first had cardiovascular problems including hypertension. After he was first diagnosed he also complained of hearing heartbeats occasionally. In truth it was likely he was more conscious of his heart because of sudden revelation. If one concentrates I believe anyone can be aware of their heartbeat especially in the quiet hours before sleep.
 08/12/2002 12:14 PM

Author Icon
Debbie18101

My first total knee replacment was done when I was 52 in Oct. '94. The doctor decided to do a partial hemiarthoplasty, which is seldom done in the US. Mine was done because and object fell across the tibial plateau. I was never out of excruiating pain or able to get off a cane. I searched many doctors for help. Finally Dr. Dorr in L.A. put in a full knee thinking it might irradicate the pain. It made NO difference at all. I have had 5 different types of surgery, the doctors thinking it could be nerve damage. I am just out of my last one for 3 weeks...the pain is the same even tho' the surgical pain is leaving. I have a doctor in a nearby town who prescribes me morphine....it certainly isn't my choice of the way to go with all these pills. I also take Xanax for the immense anxiety....I was never still on my feet before this. I don't make a good couch potato. I am now 59 and often think of suicide and have the feeling that when that time comes, I probably will get the nerve to do it. I don't want to be a detriment to my husband. I am as different as daylight is to dark in the way this pain has changed me. I used to scuba dive,give Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners, which I can no longer do. What really drives me up the wall, is I can no longer clean my own home, which I always took great pride in. I have come to realize that knee replacements are a last resort. They are for the very old. It keeps you from going down the hall to the bathroom in a wheelchair. Just matter of getting from point A to point B. My belief is the medical profession is teaching these young orthopedics to put these knee replacements in as though they were working in Detroit on a car assembly line....it is a very lucrative postion for them; however, they do not put the research into what to do when they fail. I have found that if they fail; it's just too bad, buddy, you're on your own and you live the rest of your days in misery. Helen Bradford

Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2020 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.