< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Degenerative Disk Disease
Created On: 10/30/2002 09:03 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/02/2005 10:08 PM

Author Icon
momokc

I was just reading some information on a natural remedy for this and other topics on this forum and was wondering if you or anyone has tried it. It is called EZorb. It is suppose to be a 92% calcium absorbed product that will help many from having surgery as you speak about in your posting. I have a bone spur on my knee with arthritus and a bulging disk in my lower back plus scolisis. I hope you can get some help with your problems because I know that bone spurs are painful and so is low back pain.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 12/21/2002 04:29 PM

Author Icon
Sunshine24

Hi. I really feel for you and your daughter. I am twenty-four years old, and I was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease when I was fourteen. I had my first spinal operation when I was fourteen and then another when I was twenty-one. There are varied responses about the disease being hereditary, but my mom and her dad both have it also. I can't give any definite answers to your heartfelt questions, but I can offer first hand suggestions. If your daughter can avoid invasive procedures, I highly suggest it. There are great physical therapy, exercise, and even yoga options. I had operations because the pain was so unbearable, but I ended up with some scar tissue complications. It's not to say that some people don't fully recover and never have issues again, but after all the different treatments I've been through (anti-inflammatory drugs, epideral injections, operations, and physical therapy) I would avoid any more intrusive procedures. I can't say that my life hasn't changed because of the disease, but it's not all bad. Staying in good shape, getting enough rest, and doing physical therapy has really helped me. I can imagine your pain, as a mother, to see your daughter go through such hard times. Being supportive and pro-active will be the best things you can do. My greatest challenge has been accepting the disease and trying to find ways to stay strong, both physically and emotionally. I certainly have my moments, but I know this disease has given me a greater appreciation for the little joys in life. I hope this helps. Best wishes to you and your daughter. Sincerely, Ali
 10/30/2002 09:03 PM

Author Icon
barbaralemoine

My daughter is 14 years old and was diagnosed with Degenerative Disk Disease about 1.5 years ago. I am wondering if anyone out there has any information as to the cause and treatment? I was told that it is very rare for people her age as it is a disease that occurs in aged people as a result of their aging process. I was also told that it may/or may not be heriditary. I am concerned that if it is giving her problems at the young age of 14, what does she have to look forward to when she does actually age!? If anyone out there has any information on this disease and its treatment regimines, I would greatly appreciate it!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2018 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.

test