< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Herniated Disk
Created On: 10/26/2000 04:57 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

06/16/2003 03:06 AM

Author Icon
louisryoshin

See my website http://www.backfixbodywork,com and look at intro articles and the testimonials and the sports medicine article and a few others. Your problem is that the nerves are getting rubbed on the vertebrae and the bones are too close because the muscles' soft connective tissue is more and more bunched up - so naturally, your symptomes, ie, the numbness, get increased because the shortness accumulates. And thus the bones get put into more and more wrong places. Also look at Fixing Accumulated Shortness - right on the home page menu. Email after reading if you like.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 12/29/2002 07:56 PM

Author Icon
pabelk

How long did you have mild sciatica before your toes went numb. I am experiencing the same problem. I'm getting no relief from the medical profession, I have lost my reflexes in the one foot, but they say that's not a problem. I am concerned with permanent nerve damage if I'm not told what to do.
 11/09/2002 05:55 AM

Author Icon
Gin-Gin

I have had 4 surgeries and they still don't know what else they can do. I am fussed(S1-L4-L5). After my third surgery which is when I was fussed I was okay for a few years I even went to school and started a new career. I was only able to work for 8 months. My surgeon decided to do exploratory surgery and at the same time he removed the titanium rods and screws, removed more scar tissu and scraped more vertabrae bone to make room for my nerves. He did not see anything wrong he just said it would take time. I have tried everything I could think of but nothing helped. I am still not working and I have long periods of time that I cannot move at all. I hope things go better for you. I can only suggest that you go for aqua therapy and deep tissu massages. Best of Luck.
 08/13/2002 12:25 AM

Author Icon
louisryoshin

Herniated disks come about, not from Mars, and for most people, not from a collision with a truck nor and NFL linebacker. They occur because the muscles connecting to the vertebrae, and the leg muscles and abdominal muscles are too bunched up in their soft connective tissue. Relengthen the muscles and the vertebral bine pressure on the softer disk tissue is relieved. Walking and moving around helps to do this a bit for some people. Stretching can help others. See my Free Articles and intro articles on my own site www.backfixbodywork.com There are 24 testimonials of back problems fixed with this internationally practiced, PhD physiologist developed bodywork. email me if you like.
 08/09/2002 02:46 PM

Author Icon

In my case, my orthopedic surgeon discouraged surgery until one day when I finally came in to him and told him that I was losing feeling in my right toes. A herniated disk can often be ignored if the pain isn't that severe (I know athletes play with them all the time), but once they begin to interfere with sleep patterns or begin to wear down your nervous system (the sciatic nerve, in my case) then your doctor should recommend surgery to pull the disk off your spine, nerve, or wherever it is affecting you.
 07/31/2002 11:19 AM

Author Icon
mosey

I have a herniated disk along with degenerative disk disease. The doctors have told me that I am not a candidate for surgery that I need rehabilitation. They say that the herniated disk isn't bad enough. How bad does a herniated disk have to be to operate on it. How do they decide this?
 12/04/2001 11:34 AM

Author Icon

I had the surgery as well - and yes, after a few weeks, I was still battling sciatica. It went away eventually.
 10/04/2001 09:43 AM

Author Icon

I also had the surgery for a herniated disk. While my back was sore for a few weeks afterwards, the sciatica has not returned at all (the surgery was 4 years ago). I found that constant exercise (walking, swimming) really helped the recuperation process.
 10/26/2000 04:57 PM

Author Icon
Donna7261

I ruptered a disk in my back and had to have surgery. Five days later the pain came back -- had another MRI which showed the same disk had herniated again (more this time). The second surgery didn't produce the same releif the first did right afterwards. It's now two and a half weeks after surgery and I still have shooting pain from my right buttock to my foot along with numbness. Doc says it's just going to take time because of how compressed the nerve root was. Has anyone experienced the same?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2018 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.