< REFRESH >
Topic Title: arrhythmia
Created On: 04/12/2002 12:23 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

04/06/2003 07:23 PM

Author Icon
argon

Arythmias can be caused by all sorts of things, i can get them through emotional stress, pain, shock. In my case i was once Diagnosed as having Panic attacks which in turn caused irregular heart rates.Most times though i have had chest pain, long dull pains or sharp electrical shock like pains in my cheats. In my last encounter @ hospital i was given G.T.N spray, this then caused Bradycardia/slow heart beats, i`m not happy with that treatment because afterwards i went into Atrial Fribulation, i am thinking of court action against them.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 01/02/2003 08:22 PM

Author Icon
dewie

I have been taking Avapro to control my blood pressure since August, and am about to go back to my doctor to try a different drug. I have two complaints: 1) the flavor - Avapro has a very bitter flavor, and it's beginning to bother me a lot each night when I take it. 2) the cost - I am on an HMO, and there is no generic form of Avapro (I would pay half as much if there were). I will let you know which med (if any) my Dr. recommends.
 01/02/2003 07:53 AM

Author Icon
floris555

Hi, I'm a 39 year old academic with an atrial flutter (almost definitely spontaneous left atrial tachycardia). I'm due in for catheter ablation pretty soon and want to be sure this is the way I want to go.. Here are some facts... Most of the time I'm drug free, when I'm not I take a betablocker (soltalol 80mg). This kind of works i.e. it prevents fast heart, but not the switching rhythmn which would normally lead to a fast pace. This switching of rhythmn can lead, especially at night to me being jerked awake. The worst of it is when it effects my sleep. The arrhythmia simply gets worse! My question are two fold (1)Are there any effective anti-arrythmic drugs specifically targeted at a left atrial arrhythmia (spontaneous left atrial tachycardia). If so, what are they and are they effective? (2)I'm seriously considering catheter ablation...what are the dangers (odds of croaking), plus how effective is the treatment in the case of this kind of arrythymia. 3 to 4 years ago my cardiologist said it was only 50 percent. Now, my new cardiologist seems much more confident. Have things really improved over the last 3 to 4 years, or is it just a personality thing - some surgeons/consultants, like academic perhaps, are just a little more 'gung ho' than others. I feel I need a little more information to make some decisions. Answering these questions would go along way in making up my mind. Hope someone can help. Bye, floris Dr floris tomasini Institute of the Environment Philosophy and Public Policy Lancaster University UK
 08/10/2002 11:43 PM

Author Icon
dewie

dear Ginnie Green: If you have a lot of pain with your knee I would say do it. At the end of July I had total knee replacement, after two years of total pain form ostioporosis. I had had two scopes done which gave some relief but didn't last. There is some discomfort after the sugery and it takes time and physio to get back in shape walking without a walker or canes some days are better than others. the most important thing is not to overdue and rest if you are tired. You cannot hurt yourself if you are carefull. You have said what you suffer from or your age. I am a very healthy seventy year old, and wish I had it done years ago. I hope this will give you confidence.
 04/12/2002 12:23 PM

Author Icon
jennyk

Just curious. I've had episodes of tachycardia, random and usually exercise related, all my life. I had a EP study in 1998 at age 37. I was diagnosed with intr-atrial reentry tachycardia and put on Atenolol. I still get 2-3 episodes per month, sometimes in clusters. My pulse pre-study would go up to 200-300, now they are in high 100's. I've not been able to completely eliminate the episodes and now notice that they sometimes seem to be triggered by overhead extension such as reaching or lifting weights. anyone else out there with this?

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2018 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.