< REFRESH >
Topic Title: Support Stockings????
Created On: 12/19/2004 12:40 PM

View topic in raw text format.

Bookmark and Share

02/06/2013 05:38 PM

Author Icon
moodyrah

Support hose can help, but it really differs patietn to patient. I do recommend against getting the store brand ones. Idealy they should be fitted for you specifically by a medical professional. That will make sure that the pressure is in the right place, particulaly since people are different sizes and the condition differs from patient to patient. You also need to replace them regularly because otherwise they'll lose their level of compression and become less effective.
    REPLY     Quote     Top     Bottom    
 02/26/2005 08:16 PM

Author Icon
[email protected]

I have read the wearing of support stockings are very beneficial in alleviating varicose vein symptoms. The compression and fit must be right for you. I also have read that support stockings used for varicose veins should never be higher than two inches above the knee. I wear them to ease the discomfort of chronic venous insufficiency and have experienced very good results.
 02/22/2005 09:01 PM

Author Icon
Chaim

Hello, Thank you send to me umm I know that sclerotherapy won't help alot. if you get this you will have alot painful for 3 week or 3 months painful alot until that end of months you will feel better but it will be not work put your veins is gorw back but you can speak with your doctor about Trivex system is helpful after the surgery so please email me and I will info you about that new system Thanks alot Roman
 02/21/2005 08:13 PM

Author Icon
Ashina

I have had vein stripping done when I was 21. There is a lot of scarring and a long recovery time.(don't plan on wearing a bikini after this)I didn't have any swelling. I suggest the sclerotherapy if possible.
 02/12/2005 06:06 PM

Author Icon
Chaim

I have a stocking it little bit help me but rigth now, it not help me alot I plan to get operation but some peolpe warn me do not get an operation it will happen with you it will swelling your knee and leg Thanks and you can email me at [email protected] Thanks alot! Chaim
 12/19/2004 12:40 PM

Author Icon
airees_1975

Does anyone know if they make more problems for you varicose veins or will they help them? What kind of support hose do you wear? Thanks!

Bookmark and Share

View topic in raw text format.
< REFRESH >
 Register
 Login
 Main Page
 MedTech News
Tech & Innovation
Living With a Device
 Education Center
Diagnostic Tests
Conditions
Procedures
Women's Health
Companies
Online Resources
Video Library
Dr. Christopher Kwolek  MedTech  Hero™
Dr. Christopher Kwolek:
Pioneering New Blood Clot Treatments.
About Heroes
 Community
MedTech1 Forums
 Advocacy Center
Contact Congress
Find a Patient Group
 Bookmark Us

advertisement
Home About Us Press Jobs Advertise With Us Contact Us
advertisement
© 2017 Body1 All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for consultation with your physician or healthcare provider. The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the Owners and Sponsors of this site. By using this site you agree to indemnify, and hold the Owners and Sponsors harmless, from any disputes arising from content posted here-in.